Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Reading Habit Suffers From ADD

As of lately my reading habits have been resembling something akin to ADD. I have a ginormous list of books I want to read, but I can hardly pin point what I want to read next. I'll pick a book, and change my mind before I can even get into it.

Last week I began reading A Whisper in Time by Elizabeth Langston, which I've been really excited about reading but just haven't yet. Then a couple chapters in and my library copy of City of Heavenly Fire arrived. I opened and got half way through a chapter before realizing that I'm hopefully going to see the midnight premier of The Fault in Our Stars with my daughter this next week. So I began reading that one. (shhh, don't tell anyone, but I cried like a baby at the end of that one.)

I hate reading more than three books at once, but it appears I am doing just that. And this isn't the first time this has happened lately, either. I keep doing it to all kinds of books. Ones I'm super excited about, but then realize that I have another book that I need to read first.

To combat this I've made a very short list of books that I need to read soon for reviews. I'm hoping I can get through them, one at a time. And hopefully this reading rut that I feel like I'm in will pass.

Have you ever felt like you have no idea what you want to read next, regardless of the massive lenght of your to-read list? How do you combat this reading madness?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! That's because there is a much wider choice these days than even a few years ago! I'm reading Invention of Wings for my book club, and will soon start Fault in our stars, like you so i can see the movie with my daughter. I refuse to see it without reading it first. Then there are the books that I really want to read, which are usually more than one at a time. Can't keep up!!! :) Not that I'm complaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there seems to be such a wide range of wonderful books out there. I find myself not reading ones I'd like just because there isn't enough time in the day. If only I could get paid to read, without having to write reviews. lol I stink at writing those! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I can never make up my mind until the last minute. :-)

      Delete