Thursday, July 31, 2014

August 2014 Releases

This month I have a small, but awesome list of books. All ones at the top of my to-read list.


Magnolia by Kristi Cook 
8/5/14

Why -> Jemma and Ryder are their southern royalty families dream come true, a chance to unite the two families in marriage. Too bad, Ryder and Jemma hate each other. But after a storm ravages their hometown and differences are put aside maybe there is a chance they don't hate each other after all.

Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
8/5/14

Why -> Edie Kramer is an ugly duckling, picked on by nearly everyone at school. Just when she thinks she's hit rock bottom she's given a second chance. One where she is now beautiful, and determined to take down her tormentors. But devilish deals don't always go according to plan and things are bound to escalate. 

Opposition (#5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
8/5/14

Why -> OMG!! I've heard a lot of buzz about the Lux series, but haven't read it. I have had the first book, Obsidian, sitting on my Kindle waiting for me. Then I find out that Jennifer L. Armentrout is going to be in town signing Opposition, the day it releases. So I decided to read Obsidian. I'm hooked. I'm absolutely freaking sucked into this series. I'm hoping to have all four books and the novella read by the release of Opposition, which will work out great. So far I've read the novella and first two books. I can sit and read it while waiting on the signing to begin!

Breathe For Me by Rhonda Helms
8/5/14

Why -> I love the idea of this one. Cursed since the middle ages when Isabel made a deal with a demon to get out of an arranged marriage, Isabel's memory is wiped clean every time she's moved by the demon. Worse is the fact that those who touch her face injury, or death. New Orleans is different for her. It welcomes her. And Dominic gives her the courage to face the demon and demand the curse be broken. But the price for a broken curse could be more than she bargained for.

Forget Me by K.A. Harrington
8/7/14

Why -> Morgan thought her boyfriend, Flynn, died three months ago. She's shocked when she uploads a picture of him to the FriendShare and facial recognition software prompts her to tag him as Evan Murphy. Evan looks just like Flynn and lives in a neighboring town, but he's very much alive. As Morgan digs through the layers of secrets and lies she finds herself questioning everyone around her.
Between the Spark and the Burn (#2) by April Genevieve Tucholke
8/14/14 

Why -> I LOVED Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I can't wait to see what happens in this final installment. River has gone, leaving Violet and Neely, River's brother, searching for him. And just when they think they've found him, there's a chance that Neely, the seemingly only trustworthy brother, has not been entirely honest with Violet.

Six Feet Over It by Jennifer Longo
8/26/14

Why -> All in one summer Leigh’s life changed forever. Her best friend is gone, her mom is distant, and her dad has moved them to a cemetery. Leigh closes herself off to others possibly alienating the only people who can help her. She finds herself the one people turn to for help when they are the worst possible time in their lives. She’s forced to face mortality and where she fits into her family and her world.

Deliverance (#3) by C.J. Redwine
8/26/14

Why -> I have heard such wonderful things about this series. I have the first book, Defiance, and the prequel novel, Outcast, waiting on my Kindle. Plus Defiance is the book club pick for October. So I will devour the entire series all at once! I can't wait.

What books are you excited for releasing in August?

No comments:

Post a Comment