Thursday, August 28, 2014

September 2014 Releases

I have a long list this month. This is both good and bad, because I'm excited for so many books, but there is just not enough time. I've hardly read any of the books released this year so far. I've read a lot of books from previous years, though.

Anyways, here's the list for this month.

Mortal Gods (Goddess War #2) by Kendare Blake 
9/2/14 

Why -> I haven't read Antigoddess yet, but it's sitting on my Kindle waiting patiently for me to read. It just looks so good and I have a feeling that I'll want to read this trilogy closer to the release of the third book. So I'm impatiently waiting for next year to read this one.

Trial by Fire (#1) by Josephine Angelini
9/2/14

Why -> OMG! I LOVED this book! I got an ARC from NetGalley and really loved this one. You can see my review here. And then go read it yourself. I can't wait for the next two books. Seriously foaming at the mouth here.

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
9/9/14

Why -> For starters this is Kiersten White and that should say enough. Add to it that it's billed as a cross between "Downton Abbey meets Cassandra Clare" and I'm definitely in. And there's magic involved. Yes, please!

The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy #2) by Sherry Thomas
9/16/14

Why -> Okay, I haven't read the blurb for this one, but I'm dying to read this trilogy. I bought the first book after seeing Sherry Thomas at last year's Texas Teen Book Festival and it's high up on my list of books to read. So yeah, this book is now up there as well. I'm torn between reading these two soon or waiting until the final book comes out next year. Decisions like this drive me nuts. lol

Hook's Revenge (Hook's Revenge #1) by Heidi Schulz
9/16/14

Why -> This looks like a great MG that I really can't wait to read. Jocelyn is Captain James Hook's daughter and she's eager to follow in her father's footsteps, but being a pirate isn't all she thought it would be. She's dealing with an untrained crew, cannibals, and rescuing her best friend from the lost boys. Not to mention Peter Pan, who drops in whenever he wants, uninvited of course.

Made for You by Melissa Marr
9/16/14

Why -> While recovering from a hit-and-run accident, Eva finds that she has a new skill - seeing people's deaths. With the help of her former flame, Nate, she uses her new talent to keep her friends alive while the killer becomes more desperate in getting Eva out of the picture all together.

Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither
9/16/14

Why -> After Cate's sister dies her family picks up her sister's replacement. She looks identical to the sister Cate just lost, and even has her memories. But when her sister goes missing Cate goes in search, putting herself in the line of fire the closer to the truth she gets.

Rooms by Lauren Oliver
9/23/14

Why -> When the wealthy Richard Walker dies his house is left to his ex-wife Caroline and their children, Trenton and Minna. But they aren't alone in the house. Alice and Sandra haunt the house as well, watching the family. Their worlds collide when a new ghost arrives and Trenton begins communicating with her.


Tabula Rasa by Kristen Lippert-Martin
9/23/14

Why -> Sarah believes that she's undergoing a procedure that will erase her troubled past and render her a blank slate, giving her a new start. But when a teenage computer hacker tries bringing down the hospital she begins piecing together the reasons someone would want her erased. And she's not going to be silenced this time.

In a Handful of Dust (Not a Drop to Drink #2) by Mindy McGinnis
9/23/14

Why -> I have yet to read this blurb. I am waiting until the final book is release. I keep hearing that this a great read and my gut tells me to wait so I can devour all of the books back to back. Something I have really been enjoying this past year.

Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper
9/23/14

Why -> Avery wants to be a witch so she can protect the whalers of Prince Island, but her mother has other plans for her. Ones that don't include magic at all and manners. After dreaming of her own murder she realizes time is running out and she needs to become a witch to save herself. And Tane, a sailor and unlikely ally, joins her quest to save her friends and herself. But the cost of becoming a witch might be too high for her.

Firebug by Lish McBride
9/23/14

Why -> Ava is a firebug, able to start fires with her mind, and she works for the Coterie (magical mafia). She hates her job and her boss, after all, he killed her mom. When she's told to kill a family friend she rebels and goes on the run with her friends, and attempts to keep the killing to a minimum.

Winterspell by Claire LeGrand
9/30/14

Why -> I love the cover for this one. Set in 1899, Clara has lead a double life since her mother's murder: the mayor's proper daughter and trained in self-defense by the mysterious Drosselmeyer. When her father is abducted by mysterious beings she sets off with Nicholas, the dethroned prince bound by a wicked curse, through Cane, a war-ravaged land.

What books are you excited about releasing this September?

No comments:

Post a Comment