Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October 2014 Releases

Oh the books this month! So many good ones, too. And I've been luck to have read three of them as arcs! To read the full blurbs and add them on Goodreads just click the book titles.

Prophecy (Calypso #1) by Julie Anne Lindsey
10/6/14

Why -> Norse mythology. That should say it all right there. Greek mythology is pretty much everywhere and I have read tons of it. Plus, this is Julie Anne Lindsey and I loved her last YA, Deceived, so so much. I read an arc of this one recently and really enjoyed it. Check out my review for more on Prophecy. I can't wait for the next book in the series. I need more Liam, and okay Callie too. But Liam mostly.

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
10/7/14

Why -> This had me right away. First off, it's Becca Fitzpatrick. Second, it's set in the Grand Tetons. Having been born in Wyoming and spending a great deal of time as a child in Wyoming and Utah, I love mountains, especially the Tetons. Add to that the fact that this is a thriller where Britt finds herself hostage to two fugitives. She agrees to lead them off the mountain in exchange for her life. But the more she uncovers, the more danger she finds herself in. And she just hopes she can keep herself alive long enough for her ex-boyfriend, Calvin, to find her, before it's too late.

Whispers from the Past (Whisper Falls #3) by Elizabeth Langston
10/7/14

Why -> I have yet to read the second book in this series, A Whisper in Time, so I haven't read the blurb on this one yet. I really enjoyed the first book in the trilogy, Whisper Falls. Really enjoyed the melding of current times with the past. I really enjoyed Langston's vision of the past and how she melded the two with the first book. Both the second and third are high up on my list to read. I just need so much more time in the day!

Sweet Unrest by Lisa Maxwell
10/8/14

Why -> Oh dear goodness, this book broke me. This was the second arc of the month that I read in September and I really loved it. I loved the voice of this book and the characters. Still I found myself tearing up at the end and I was so broken. But I loved it so much. You can read my review for more, but I suggest reading it for yourself. Really good!

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
10/14/14

Why -> This one looks so good and so unlike much of what I've been reading lately. Magical kingdoms, war, unwanted destiny, and a forbidden love. Really looks good and can't wait to read it. Everyone I am acquainted with on Goodreads who have read it as an arc gave it five stars, so I really can't wait to read this one.

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
10/14/14

Why -> It appears snow is a theme this month. Basically this one is a sci-fi retelling of snow white. And I really enjoy retellings. And there aren't that many for Snow White, so I'm excited for this one. Not to mention I have heard nothing but good things about it so far.

Follow Me Through Darkness (#1) by Danielle Ellison 
10/21/14

Why -> I was lucky to get an arc of this one also. Really, really good. I have an interview scheduled as part of the blog tour coming up this month, so stay tuned. And then go read the book when it comes out! I don't even think I can do justice to this one in a quick blurb. All I really have to say is: read this one!

Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
10/28/14

Why -> I haven't read the blurb because I have yet to read the first book in the trilogy. I will remedy this by the time this one comes out, though. I have recently been busy devouring anything written by JLA. And I mean everything she's written. I'm pretty sure that I'll have every JLA and J. Lynn book read by Christmas time. No joke. If you haven't read anything by her, you must do so immediately. You won't regret it. Maybe your family will miss you, but you'll be swimming in new book boyfriends in no time.

Compulsion by Martina Boone
10/28/14

Why -> I tried to come up with a summary of the blurb that did this one justice, but can't put into words how amazing this one sounds. I love ghost stories and curses and stories set in the south. I just can't wait to get my hands on this one. So buying this one when it releases.

Waterfall (Teardrop #2) by Lauren Kate
10/28/14

Why -> Haven't read the blurb yet on this one either, mostly because I just have yet to read the first book in the trilogy. I really enjoyed her last series, Fallen, and can't wait until the movie comes out. I really need to grab the first book, Teardrop, and read it soon.

Atlantia by Ally Condie
10/28/14

Why -> After reading the Matched trilogy I'm forever a fan of Ally Condie. I loved her writing on that series and the world she spun. It was amazing. I can't wait to read this one. Rio has lived her entire life Below, in Atlantia, the underwater city. She's only ever dreamed of going Above, until her twin sister, Bay, makes a decision that strands her alone Below. The whole idea of this being underwater in Atlantia has me completely enticed, that alone. I can't wait to read this one.

What new releases are you excited for this October?

No comments:

Post a Comment