Tuesday, December 30, 2014

January 2015 Releases

It's a new year, which means a whole new batch of debut authors for the year! Most importantly, though, it's a whole new year of books to add to my to read list. And, hopefully, to catch up a little on the books I still have to read. The list just gets bigger and bigger and I. Can't. Keep. Up. lol

With that here's my January list, the first list of highly anticipated books of 2015.

Reborn (Altered #3) by Jennifer Rush 
1/6/15

Why -> I LOVED the first two books in this trilogy and can't wait to see what happens in this final installment. I'm curious to see what things are like now and what is going on with Nick. I don't want to give too much away if you haven't yet read the first two books. If you haven't yet read them, go read them now. Jennifer Rush definitely keeps you turning the pages and not wanting to put them down.

Die Once More (Revenants #3.5) by Amy Plum
1/6/15

Why -> Gah!!! I can't wait! Another short for the Die for Me Trilogy, and it's Jules, after the ending of the final book in the trilogy! I loved Jules, so much. He's such a great character and I so want to see him happy. I want his happy ending. Amy Plum made my day when I heard she had another short story coming out from his POV.

The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
1/13/15

Why -> As I was reading the blurb on Goodreads there was one line that really hooked me: "Forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets collide in this romantic thriller, in the vein of a YA DaVinci Code." Seriously I can't describe this book blurb better than that. It looks so good.

When by Victoria Laurie
1/13/15

Why -> The whole idea of being able to know when another person dies, but not know how or why is strangely, morbidly, interesting to me. Maddie is able to do just that. It isn't until her dad dies that she and her mother figure out what the numbers on everyone's foreheads she's seen her whole life truly mean. Her alcoholic mother uses Maddie's "tallent" for money. After all, there are lots of desperate people out there who want to know how much time they have left. Even if Maddie can't tell them how. After a client's young son goes missing on the exact date Maddie has told them he'd die, she's thrust in the middle of a police investigation. I have the arc for this one and as soon as I finish this month's book club read I'm going to devour this one. I can't wait!

Unleashed (Unremembered #2.5) by Jessica Brody
1/13/15

Why -> I honestly haven't read the blurb yet, because it's the short that comes after the second book, Unforgotten, that I still need to read. I really enjoyed the first book, Unremembered. So I'm looking forward to reading this entire trilogy and the accompanying short stories, soon.

A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter #3) by Megan Shepherd
1/27/15

Why -> If you don't like creepy dark books, then you won't like these. I loved the first book, The Madman's Daughter. I have yet to read the second book, Her Dark Curriosity. I've been purposely waiting for this final installment before I read the second. I really want to read them back to back. Yay!

Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer
1/27/15

Why -> I love, love, love this series. If you haven't read it, I highly suggest you put down whatever you're doing and get reading Marissa Meyer's books NOW! I'm not joking. They are some of my absolute favorites. I'm sure this will be interesting. I don't like Queen Levana, but finding out why she is the way she is surely will be intriguing.

What books are you excited for releasing in January 2015? 

No comments:

Post a Comment